TERMINATION OF DISPUTES ONLINE
TO SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF ONLINE CONSUMERS IN A FAIR AND EFFECTIVE WAY, WITHOUT GOING TO THE COURT
If you have problems with products or services purchased online, you can use the platform made available by the European Commission to file a complaint and find a solution from an independent dispute resolution body.
Consumer protection legislation in the EU ensures that everyone has the right to be treated fairly when they buy goods and services online or offline.
European legislation assures consumers:
- fair treatment
- products that meet acceptable standards
- the right to appeal in the event of problems
Before submitting a complaint to a merchant, it may be helpful to learn more about your rights, so that you know the rights and remedies that apply to your situation.
Many organizations across the EU can provide useful information on consumer rights. If you have a problem buying products or services from a merchant based in another EU country, you can contact your European Consumer Center (ECC) for free.
THE EUROPEAN CONSUMER CENTERS MAY
- provide advice on your consumer rights
- help you resolve a dispute with a merchant based in another EU country, in Iceland or Norway, without resorting to a court
- advise you to contact another interlocutor, if they cannot help you
Use the following link to connect to the European Commission website for online dispute resolution.